Friday, May 20, 2011

Nellie's - Green Chile Banado

Nellie's, finally.  Nellie's is a family-owned Mexican food place that is popular enough that over the years they have actually trimmed their hours so that they are only open until 2pm.  In addition they regularly just shut down for two weeks at a shot for both Xmas and Summer Vacation.  None of this impacts the crowds of people one will regularly see waiting outside in the hot sun every day around lunch.  In fact, this is one of the restaurants that emboldened us to embark on Lunch Trek in the first place.  They do make a pretty good burrito.  Sage and Amy join us; Sage as a quester, Amy as a rolled taco eater.  Daniel could have asked his brother for a recommendation from Nellie's, but that would have been what we got anyway, so...  There is much discussion about the Rapture, and whether this episode would indeed have ever been heard.  Given the tardiness of this posting, the fears were justified.

Ingredients - Green Chile, Pork, and Cheese

Ratings:
Ben - Going to the movies, I never really want to go out of my way to go to the movies, but then I think 'I can get popcorms there.'  And then when I'm at the movies it's fun and I wonder why I don't do it more often.
Daniel - Riding really fast on your bicycle as a kid, it's really fun.  You feel awesome, and your a kid, and you're like 'Check me out!'
Sage - About 2 beers, I'm a little burrito drunk.  Got a good burruzz on.

BQ3 - Episode Nine
"This Is The Best Burrito I've Ever Eaten" by Parry Gripp, used with permission.  http://parrygripp.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment